Fire Island Highlights, in no particular order
I spent the weekend on Fire Island—a magical car-free place where straight people (and women) are in the minority and you are never more than 2 minutes from the beach. It was my first time journeying to this destination, and though it rained for nearly the last 24 hrs that I was there, I still had a pretty wonderful time with some wonderful friends. Read on for the highlights (some might sound like lowlights but I say they made the weekend all the more memorable).
- The calmest bit of the Atlantic that I’ve ever been in in the North East
- Seeing Cheyenne Jackson while grocery shopping and texting Daniel about it.
- Shopping for and preparing bbq chicken for 8 people. There was a lot of: “Are you sure we need that much chicken?” “Yes, we’re EIGHT people!!”
- Running out of propane for the grill and having to finish the bbq inside
- Watching “Extreme Couponing” — a show about people who go to extreme lengths to pay next to nothing for their groceries— after spending a lot of money on groceries at the island’s only store.
- Opening cans of beans and tomatoes without a functional can opener and living to tell about it.
- The most beautiful ears of corn ever (they were also delicious)
- Getting unexpectedly splashed on the ferry ride out to the island
- Hearing LOTS of Robyn coming from the neighbor’s backyard
- The SWAN and watching D fall asleep in it for a good 20 minutes
- The TOMS (not shoes, but the interesting/lovely people we were sharing the house with, both named Tom)
- Beating three of my most well-read friends in Scrabble; G-A-Z-E in a triple-word-score corner clinched it for me.
- Playing Scrabble for “community” points as well as regular points
- Reading almost an entire novel in 2 days
- Walking to & from the store in the rain holding a giant neon yellow beach umbrella
6 Notes/ Hide
- dpesick likes this
- seajo said: That picture of you is lovely! And I saw Cheyenne Jackson not too long ago at 5 Napkin and could not get over how shocking his eyes are in real life, and how tall he is. Right?
- seajo likes this
- michellereneepaul said: oh and just to be clear i mean that in a HOW ARE YOU SO AWESOME way. but i’m still not over you kicking ethan&andrews’ butts.
- adashofthisorthat posted this